Connect with us

News

Majority of US weapons promised to Ukraine in February delivered

Published

on


The United States has already delivered more than two thirds of the arms it promised in late February to Ukraine, whose forces are “effectively” using them to push back the Russians, a Pentagon official said Friday.

On February 26, Washington authorized $350 million of military equipment — the largest such package in US history — to bolster Kyiv against the Russian invasion, which began last week.

An official with the US State Department’s Bureau of Political-Military Affairs told Congress this week that the package aimed to “provide urgently needed ammunition, Javelin anti-tank missiles and the Stinger man portable air defense systems to Ukraine.”

Her testimony officially confirmed for the first time America’s delivery of the high-tech Stingers, which can be used to shoot down low-flying aircraft.

The Pentagon official told reporters that out of the $350 million, “we have already delivered to the Ukrainians $240 million-worth of that package, including some of the most needed capabilities like anti-armour capabilities.”

“You can see how fast we are moving to get those capabilities to the field,” she added, noting there was “no evidence of any Russian interference” to hinder arms deliveries.

Washington had previously authorized $60 million in military assistance to Ukraine last fall, followed by another $200 million in December for weapons and ammunition.

Most of that aid has been distributed to Ukrainian forces, the senior official told reporters Friday.

She added that US authorities “have been tremendously impressed by how effectively the Ukrainian armed forces have been using the equipment that we’ve provided them.”

“They are able to distribute the equipment very quickly” on the battlefield and have “slowed the Russian advance” she added.

Ukrainian forces have received US training, according to the official, including in December and early January, as Russia’s threats against its neighbor became more acute.

“The vast majority of what we have been providing they are already familiar with,” the official said.

She added that 14 other countries had also delivered weapons to Ukraine since Russia’s invasion began on February 24, and that US President Joe Biden had requested a new package from Congress to provide even more US assistance.



Source link

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

News

Actor who celebrated his birthday at the cemetery reveals ghosts are hunting him

Published

on


– Advertisement –

Promising Ghanaian actor and movie director who went viral with his bizarre birthday celebration has finally opened up on the aftermath of what he did.

Speaking in an exclusive interview with GHpage’s Abena Gold, the actor confessed that his life has never been the same after the cemetery birthday celebration.

Going into details, the budding actor born Nkrumah Samuel but popularly known as Remes Kay revealed that the idea behind his viral birthday celebration was to send a strong message out there that birthday is not +1 but rather – 1.

Explaining the scary things he has been seeing after the birthday celebration, he disclosed that ghosts are now after his life.

READ ALSO: Actor celebrates birthday at the cemetery (Video)

Remes Kay disclosed that he has been seeing petrifying things like seeing supernatural beings (Ghosts) inside his room and he’s now even afraid for his life.

Touching on why he decided to sleep in a coffin, he confessed that he got frightened at a point in time and even wanted to call off the celebration but there was no going back.

Watch the video below to know more…

Subscribe to watch new videos

The actor might have gone overboard but the explanation he gave in the interview is thought-provoking because birthday is a gentle reminder that we are a step closer to death!



Source link

Continue Reading

News

Nigerian Tik Tok star, Oscar Brown dies

Published

on


– Advertisement –

Nigerian Tik Toker Oscar Brown, has died.

According to the report, he dies shortly after he had been poisoned by a friend.

According to social media sources, the TikTok star died on Monday, May 23, in Asaba, Delta State.

Oscar was poisoned for the second time, according to reports, after surviving the previous attempt on his life.

Nigerian Tik Tok star, Oscar Brown dies

Family and friends used social media to express their sorrow over his death.

Oscar Chima Brown, a relative of the deceased, said on Facebook:

“Oscar Chima Brown?Oscar Chima Brown RipOscar Chima Brown

With sorrow in our heart we the family of EBUKA popular know as Oscar Brown painful announce the pass on of our brother and son, who died on 23rd of May 2022, after been poisoned by someone.

Please in case anyone that want to know more about the burial arrangement kindly 09090475312 on whatsapp and please your support is needed….”

Check Out The Details In The Post Below…



Source link

Continue Reading

News

Rejected Juaben MCE nominee charged with 26 counts of election corruption

Published

on


– Advertisement –

Suspended Juaben Municipal Chief Executive nominee, Alexander Kwabena Sarfo-Kantanka, has been charged with 26 counts of election-related corruption.

This follows a probe by the Special Prosecutor’s office into a video that captured the New Patriotic Party’s Juaben constituency Chairman accusing assembly members in Juaben of refusing to confirm his nomination as the Municipal Chief Executive despite allegedly bribing them.

In the video that went viral in November 2021, Mr Sarfo-Kantanka was seen raining insults and curses at the assembly members present.

Mr Sarfo-Kantanka had failed to secure the required number of votes to confirm him as the Chief Executive of the Juaben Municipal Assembly.

Out of the 26 total votes cast in the presence of the Ashanti Regional Minister, Simon Osei Mensah, the nominee secured 10 Yes votes as against 15 No votes with 1 rejected ballot.

The disappointment forced him to demand his money back from the assembly members.

Investigations by the Special Prosecutor’s office revealed that Mr. Sarfo-Kantanka gifted the elected members of the Assembly GH¢5,000 each.

He is said to have also gifted the Government appointed members GHS2,500 each to influence their conduct in the performance of their duty as voters.

The election for the Municipal Chief Executive was held on September 29, 2021 and Mr. Sarfo-Kantanka failed to secure the required number of votes to confirm his contested position.

He also failed after being renominated for the same position by the President on October 12, 2021, and on November 1, 2021, and the accused again failed to secure the required number of votes.

The assembly currently has no chief executive, and its residents have made appeals to the central government.





Source link

Continue Reading

Trending