Connect with us

Sports

Scotland’s World Cup Play-off Semi-final Against Ukraine Postponed | Football/Soccer

Published

on


Ukraine had asked FIFA and UEFA to postpone their World Cup play-off with Scotland until June due to Russian invasion; tie had been due to be played at Hampden Park on March 24; Wales FA chief reveals Ukraine want game played in June, and that Wales’ fixture against Austria may be delayed.

Scotland’s World Cup play-off semi-final against Ukraine, scheduled for March 24, has been postponed.

FIFA, world football’s governing body, had a call with the chief executives of the Scotland, Ukraine, Wales and Austria Football Associations on Monday where they were verbally told that the game will be moved to June.

However, it is yet to be decided if Scotland will now play friendly internationals on March 24 and 29 instead.

The play-off semi-final was due to be played at Hampden Park on March 24, with the winner going on to face Austria or Wales in Cardiff for a place in this year’s World Cup in Qatar.

But now the clash has been postponed owing to the ongoing invasion of Ukraine by the Russian military.



Read Full Story ….
SkySports >>>
:   

Source: SkySports

 

 

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed here are those of the writers and do not reflect those of Peacefmonline.com. Peacefmonline.com accepts no responsibility legal or otherwise for their accuracy of content. Please report any inappropriate content to us, and we will evaluate it as a matter of priority.

Featured Video



Source link

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Sports

Countryman Songo ‘Fires’ Govt, GFA Ahead Of World Cup (VIDEO) | Football/Soccer

Published

on


Controversial sports journalist, Patrick Osei Agyemang, popularly known as, Country Man Songo has sent a note of caution to government and the Ghana Football Association (GFA) ahead of the World Cup.

He claims the association is expected to receive over $1.5 million from World government football body, FIFA to help Ghana prepare well for the tournament.

Ghana after qualifying for the World Cup will receive $2 million from FIFA for preparation and another $10 million as participation fee.

But given the GFA’s track record, the host of Fire-for-Fire feared the money might not be used for the intended purpose.

As a stakeholder in Ghana football, Countryman Songo said he will keep an eagle eye on the GFA led by President, Kurt Okraku.

“President Akufo-Addo don’t allow your Sports Minister and Kurt Okraku to chop this money,” he fumed. He urged government to encourage transparency and accountability in managing the funds for the ‘Mundial’ tournament in Qatar.
 
Ghana has been drawn in Group H, along with Portugal, Uruguay and South Korea, ahead of the competition which runs from 21 November to 18 December 2022.

<iframe width=”470″ height=”393″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/Az_L7WPXZMI” title=”YouTube video player” frameborder=”0″ allow=”accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture” allowfullscreen></iframe>

Source: adomonline.com

 

 

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed here are those of the writers and do not reflect those of Peacefmonline.com. Peacefmonline.com accepts no responsibility legal or otherwise for their accuracy of content. Please report any inappropriate content to us, and we will evaluate it as a matter of priority.

Featured Video



Source link

Continue Reading

Sports

Qatar World Cup Hotels Must Welcome Guests In ‘Non-Discriminatory Manner,’ FIFA Says | Football/Soccer

Published

on


Hotels that are on the official list of recommended accommodation for the 2022 World Cup in Qatar are required to welcome guests in a “non-discriminatory manner” or face termination of contracts, FIFA said on Friday.

A Scandinavian media survey showed that three of the 69 hotels on FIFA’s official list of recommended accommodation will deny entry to same-sex couples.

Twenty other hotels said they would accommodate them as long as they did not publicly show that they were gay, while 33 hotels had no issues on booking same-sex couples. 

Homosexuality is illegal in Qatar, which will host the World Cup from Nov. 21 to Dec. 18.

In a statement to Reuters, FIFA said that, since being made aware of the report, it has been in touch with the Supreme Committee for Delivery & Legacy (SC) and “will ensure that the hotels mentioned are once again made aware of our strict requirements in relation to welcoming guests in a non-discriminatory manner.

“Hotels, as well as any other service provider associated with the FIFA World Cup, who fail to comply with the high standards set by the organisers will have their contracts terminated.

“On top of that, the said requirements will continue to be reinforced in awareness raising sessions and subsequently monitored and evaluated through audits and inspections of hotels linked to the FIFA World Cup.

“Qatar is fully aware of its responsibility to adhere to FIFA’s expectations and requirements on human rights, equality and non-discrimination. Qatar is committed to ensuring that everyone will be able to enjoy the tournament in a safe and welcoming environment, to building bridges of cultural understanding and to creating an inclusive experience for all participants, attendees and local communities, including from the LGBTQI+ community.”

The SC said on Thursday that Qatar is a “conservative country” but was “committed to delivering an inclusive FIFA World Cup experience that is welcoming, safe and accessible to all”

Wyndham Grand Regency Doha, The Torch Doha and Magnum Hotel & Suites Westbay were the three hotels mentioned in the report.

“While observing and respecting the law of Qatar, Wyndham Grand Regency Doha does not in any way discriminate against guests of any background and aspires to deliver the highest guest satisfaction, which will only be possible by treating everyone fairly and equally,” the hotel told Reuters.

The Torch referred to the SC statement when asked about their policy for same-sex couples, while Magnum Hotel & Suites did not respond immediately to a Reuters request for comment.

 

Source: REUTERS

 

 

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed here are those of the writers and do not reflect those of Peacefmonline.com. Peacefmonline.com accepts no responsibility legal or otherwise for their accuracy of content. Please report any inappropriate content to us, and we will evaluate it as a matter of priority.

Featured Video



Source link

Continue Reading

Sports

Sadio Mane Urged To Consider Bayern Munich Switch After Liverpool Success | Football/Soccer

Published

on


The winger has been phenomenal for the Reds and David James believes its time for him to seek new challenge.

Former England international goalkeeper David James believes this is the right time for Sadio Mane to leave Liverpool.

Like Mohamed Salah, Mane’s contract with Liverpool will expire in 2023 and several top teams in Europe are monitoring his situation.

James is adamant it is time for the 30-year-old to continue his career elsewhere and has even suggested he should consider Bayern Munich, who have reportedly shown interest in his services.

“I was just looking at his achievements. I think the FA Cup is the only trophy he hasn’t won in England,” the 51-year-old told Sky Sports. “You add the Champions League, the Africa Cup of Nations, then this guy is in the purple patch of his career. I think he is still the record-holder for the quickest hat-trick in the Premier League as well.”

The Senegal international has been consistent for the Reds since joining from Southampton in 2016, helping the Merseyside charges win the Premier League title and the Uefa Champions League among other trophies.

This season, the Lion of Teranga has played a vital role in helping the team reach the Champions League final, and the FA Cup final, while Liverpool are also pushing for the league title as well.

Jurgen Klopp’s charges have already won the League Cup.

“If you have an optimum time where you can make the most of a move, given that he isn’t English then, therefore, he’s a traveler,” James continued. “The idea of going to Germany and playing for Bayern Munich would be something that suits his overall career.

“Now is the time to do it for Sadio Mane, as much as I know Liverpool fans will be saying ‘no I want him to stay till the end of his career’. If he has a perfect opportunity, then this season will be it.”

Mane has featured for Liverpool 33 times in the English top tier this season, scoring 15 goals and providing two assists in the process.

In the Champions League, the versatile attacker has scored five times in 12 outings.

Source: Goal

 

 

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed here are those of the writers and do not reflect those of Peacefmonline.com. Peacefmonline.com accepts no responsibility legal or otherwise for their accuracy of content. Please report any inappropriate content to us, and we will evaluate it as a matter of priority.

Featured Video



Source link

Continue Reading

Trending