Connect with us

Politics

I’ll Unite All Factions To Break The 8 – Odeneho Kwaku Appiah Sets Eyes On Ashanti NPP Chairmanship | Politics

Published

on


Ashanti Regional Chairman hopeful of the ruling New Patriotic Party, Odeneho Kwaku Appiah, says he signifies the unity the party needs to ‘ break the 8’.

According to Kwaku Appiah, the NPP needs someone who is a unifier and ready to mobilize people to work for the betterment of the party.

He further stated that party management is communal labour and not a one-man affair adding that a vote for him is a vote for unity.

Speaking on Hello FM on Thursday, March 10, he maintained that if pride and the character of claiming supremacy in the party in the Ashanti Region are not discouraged, it will be difficult for the party to ‘break the 8’.

“This is the time NPP needs to bring onboard everyone to propagate the good work the party has done over the years. I think we have to work together, think together, decide together and solve issues together. The encouraging division will be problematic for the party, He stated.

He hinted that no single person in the party has single-handedly financed the party in the Ashanti Region. ‘it has never happened, he stressed.

“In the history of our body politics, no single man has single-handedly financed the party. The party has in all elections conducted solicited for funds from traders and individuals to Finance our campaigns. Let no one is deceived”

He later called on party faithful to come together and form a united front, adding ‘it is the only way to break the eight’.

Source: Peacefmonline.com

 

 

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed here are those of the writers and do not reflect those of Peacefmonline.com. Peacefmonline.com accepts no responsibility legal or otherwise for their accuracy of content. Please report any inappropriate content to us, and we will evaluate it as a matter of priority.

Featured Video



Source link

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Politics

NPP Akuapim North: Injunction Placed On NPP Elections Not From Me – Nana Ama Dokua | Politics

Published

on


The Member of Parliament for Akuapim North Constituency, Nana Ama Dokua has dispelled rumours amidst viral online publications to the effect that she has placed a court injunction on the impending NPP internal elections in the constituency.

Following this development, she has issued an official statement in an attempt to set the records right and further straighten the facts.

Below is the Full Statement:

There are writeups making rounds that I have injuncted the upcoming Elections.

I wish to record that, I have not taken such an action and the said publication must be treated without merit.

It must be noted that I only saw the album for the first time during the electoral area coordinators’ elections with some names expunged from it, and other names replaced.

I only petitioned the Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) to give us direction as I was being accused of it.

It is important to note that, I was not even privy to the album as the regulations concerning the album compilation demand.

However, to the best of my knowledge, I only found out yesterday that some of the aggrieved members whose names have been expunged and replaced have resorted to the court to halt the electoral process.

As a stakeholder in this constituency, and as far as the development of our party is concerned, I will not take any action that will denigrate our party, and neither do I plan to compromise the album for whatever reason.

It must also be established that, when I first came to contest for the primaries, I came in when the album had already been compiled by the then constituency leadership. I however sold my message, which was in sync with the people and I was overwhelmingly voted for and I still represent the people.

However, I hope that we will resolve the issue as soon as possible so we can move on as one person.

Keeping calm and focused.

Source: Peacefmonline.com/Ghana

 

 

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed here are those of the writers and do not reflect those of Peacefmonline.com. Peacefmonline.com accepts no responsibility legal or otherwise for their accuracy of content. Please report any inappropriate content to us, and we will evaluate it as a matter of priority.

Featured Video



Source link

Continue Reading

Politics

I Was Not Involved In Owoo Family Achimota Forest Land Increase – Inusah Fuseini Challenges Jinapor | Politics

Published

on


A former Lands and Natural Resources Minister, Alhaji Inusah Fuseini, has challenged the recollection of circumstances which led to the increase of the acreage of Achimota forest land ceded to the Owoo family.

Reacting to the recollection contained in a statement issued by the Minister of Lands and Natural Resources, Samuel Abu Jinapor on Tuesday [May 24, 2022], Alhaji Fuseini said he was not a party to the alleged extension of the initial grant of 118 acres to 198.501 acres.

“I am unaware and unconnected to any subsequent attempts to vary the initial grant of 118 acres to the pre-acquisition owners of the land as alleged by the current minister of Lands and Natural Resources. I could not have varied the initial grant because I am fully aware of the implications of Article 58 of the Constitution of Ghana and could not have placed myself in that awkward position,” Alhaji Fuseini said in a statement.

Read Alhaji Inusah Fuseini’s statement below;

House No. B.42
Tishigu, Tamale
Northern Region, Ghana.

25th May, 2022

DECLASSIFICATION OF PORTIONS OF ACHIMOTA FOREST RESERVE AND MATTERS ARISING.

My attention has been drawn to a press release by the Ministry for Lands and Natural Resources dated May 24, 2020 and captioned RE: ACHIMOTA FOREST MATTERS, in which the Ministry sets out in historical chronological order events surrounding the acquisition and subsequent releases of portions of the Achimota Forest to the Owoo Family consequent on petitions submitted to President Kufuor, the second President under the Fourth Republic and other Presidents thereafter.

The press release contain some incorrect assertions and plain misrepresentation of facts skewed against my person and the role l played as Minister for Lands and Natural Resources between the period January 2013 to June 2014. I shall attempt to state the true facts of the matter which came before me and the decisions I took on same during my stewardship at that Ministry.

Prior to the 2008 general elections, the acquisition of State Lands by elements within the then NPP/Kufour government and some appointees in the public and civil service became a major national and political issue. Mention can be made of the International Student Hotel land which now houses the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the La Wireless land which now houses the AU village and the sale of government bungalows to government appointees and sympathizers, one of which was challenged in court.

This was a matter of considerable public interest and concern then, as it is presently. So when President John Evans Atta Mills assumed the reigns of government, a total ban was imposed by the government on the sale or alienation of State Lands to enable the government to restore some sanity in the administration of public lands.

It is also important to state that the Achimota Forest reserve which until recently stood at 495 hectares was facing serious encroachment. There was therefore the need to protect the Forest from further encroachment. It was the view of the NDC that the best way to protect the Forest was to turn same into an Ecoturism facility as experience shows that the encroachment into the Forest is precisely because it has been lying fallow. The 2012 manifesto with which the NDC sought the mandate of the people of Ghana bears ample testimony to the avowed intention of the NDC to protect the Achimota Forest reserve from further encroachment by turning it into an Eco Park.

As said earlier, I assumed the mandate to steer the affairs of the Ministry of Lands and Natural Resources in February 2013 with a clear directive to take steps to convert the Forest into an Ecotourism facility. I set up a Strategic Committee headed by my able deputy Hon. Babara Serwa Asamoah to look at the most prudent and feasible way we could implement this manifesto promise. I reviewed the various petitions from the Owoo Family and recommendations from Committees set up to consider those petitions. Let me state categorically that apart from the Strategic Committee I set up to implement the NDC’s manifesto promise, all other committees on the Achimota Forest Reserve up until the time I assumed office pre-dated me.

The Committee set up under President Kufuor recommended that 193 acres (not 90 acres as claimed by the current Minister of Lands and Natural Resources) of the Achimota Forest be returned to the Owoo Family with the plan to covert the forest into a second central business district for Accra. This fact has been corroborated by Kwame Gyan Esq., a legal consultant in the Ministry of Lands and Natural Resources for the period 2001 to early 2009 on Joy News. Indeed, he was the witness of the government of Ghana to the Memorandum of Understanding signed between the Ministry of Lands and Natural Resources and the Owoo family at the time Hon. Esther Abena Dapaah was the Minister. This MOU was signed sometime in August 2008 but could not be implemented because the NPP lost the 2008 presidential elections.

For the records, the Afari-Dateh Committee recommended that only 118 acres of the peripheral portions of the Achimota Forest be returned to the Owoo Family, instead of the 193 acres the Kufour Administration had agreed to grant the family. I sought cabinet approval for the implementation of the committee’s recommendations and was granted same. This was the only portion of land that I had the capacity by reason of the delegated authority given to me by the executive President to grant to the pre-acquisition owners of the land.

I am unaware and unconnected to any subsequent attempts to vary the initial grant of 118 acres to the pre-acquisition owners of the land as alleged by the current minister of Lands and Natural Resources. I could not have varied the initial grant because I am fully aware of the implications of Article 58 of the Constitution of Ghana and could not have placed myself in that awkward position.

It bears repeating that I was not a party to the alleged extention of the initial grant of 118 acres to the Owoo Family. My letter of 4th April, 2014 to the Lands Commission was in respect of the original grant of 118 acres of land to the Owoo family as captured at the last paragraph of the said letter. That letter read together with the original Lease executed by the Forestry Commission in favour of the Owoo Family will leave no doubt in the mind of anyone reading those two documents that they are referrable to the same 118 acres of land granted the Owoo Family pursuant to a cabinet directive. I could not have acted otherwise.

The 4th April 2014 letter was addressed to the Executive Secretary of the Lands Commission to accept for registration the lease granted the Owoo Family by the Forestry Commission which allocated to them only 118 acres of the peripheral portions of the Achimota Forest Reserve on compassionate grounds.

I welcome and support calls from the general public for the reversal of the declassification of portions of the Achimota forest reserve as contained in E.I 144 and for an independent enquiry to be launched into these matters to ascertain the truth.

Thank you.

Signed,
Hon. Alhaji Inusah Fuseini
Former Minister of Lands and Natural Resources

Source: Alhaji Inusah Fuseini

 

 

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed here are those of the writers and do not reflect those of Peacefmonline.com. Peacefmonline.com accepts no responsibility legal or otherwise for their accuracy of content. Please report any inappropriate content to us, and we will evaluate it as a matter of priority.

Featured Video



Source link

Continue Reading

Politics

Parliamentary Privileges Committee Ban Media From Covering 3 Absentee MPs Hearing | Parliament

Published

on


The issue of absenteeism in Parliament where three Members of Parliament (MPs) have been referred to the Privileges Committee of Parliament for absenting themselves without permission from the Speaker will be heard in camera.

The committee will start hearing the three absentee MPs, with Henry Quartey for Ayawaso Central as the first person followed by Sarah Adwoa Safo for Dome Kwabenya and then Kennedy Ohene Agyapong for Assin Central.

The hearings will start on Thursday, May 26, 2022.

The Speaker of Parliament, Alban Sumana Kingsford Bagbin, referred the three New Patriotic Party (NPP) MPs to the Privileges Committee of Parliament for absenting themselves from the House for more than 15 sitting days without his permission.

But at a meeting of the committee on Wednesday (May 25, 2022), the members concluded that the media would not be admitted to cover the hearing.

This is contrary to previous meetings and hearings of the 31-member committee which had been covered by the media.

The problem of absenteeism in the House without permission from the Speaker had been a long-standing issue which needed to be addressed holistically.

Hence, when the recent one came to the attention of the Speaker, he referred it to the Committee of Privileges to look into it.

The findings of the committee could lead to the expulsion of the absentee MPs from Parliament if the report suggests so and is adopted by the plenary.

Explaining why the media has been banned from covering the proceedings, a member of the committee, Kweku Ricketts Hagan, NDC MP for Cape Coast South explained that “the nature of evidence as we’ve been hinted might be on medical grounds…”

“And it is on that basis that the [Privileges] Committee came to that conclusion that it would be best that we give the opportunity for people to come and be able to come and be able to discuss with us, charged with that responsibility on what the reasons were or the evidence.

“Of course, when we are done with our work, we will put a report together and seeing the report, it will establish the reason why we recommended that a member should have a legitimate reason to still stay in Parliament or not and I think that will become a public information,” Kweku Ricketts Hagan, a member of the Committee of Privileges said in a radio interview with Accra based Citi FM on Wednesday evening [May 25, 2022] monitored by Graphic Online.

Pressed further on why previous meetings of the committee had been covered by the media and this time around the media is being prevented from allowing the public to witness the proceedings, Mr Hagan said: “You are querying me on a decision that has been taken by the committee.”

“I’m telling you the committee’s decision is that we didn’t think that it will be appropriate to discuss what is likely to be health matters because we know that at least two of them or all three of them have been dealing with some medical issues and we thought that it will not be appropriate,” Mr Hagan added.

Source: graphic.com.gh

 

 

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed here are those of the writers and do not reflect those of Peacefmonline.com. Peacefmonline.com accepts no responsibility legal or otherwise for their accuracy of content. Please report any inappropriate content to us, and we will evaluate it as a matter of priority.

Featured Video



Source link

Continue Reading

Trending