Connect with us

Sports

TSOOBOI!!! How Prez Akufo Addo & Bawumia Celebrated Black Stars Qualification To The World Cup After Beating Nigeria- VIDEO | Football/Soccer

Published

on


How President Akufo Addo & Bawumia Celebrated Ghana Black Stars Qualification To The World Cup

 

 

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed here are those of the writers and do not reflect those of Peacefmonline.com. Peacefmonline.com accepts no responsibility legal or otherwise for their accuracy of content. Please report any inappropriate content to us, and we will evaluate it as a matter of priority.

Featured Video





Source link

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Sports

Kotoko Demands Reimbursement of Bills From FA | Football/Soccer

Published

on


Kumasi Asante Kotoko are demanding that the Ghana Football Association (GFA) reimburse them of the full cost incurred during their preparation for their Premier League game against Ashantigold at Obuasi on Thursday.

Besides, they have called on the FA to postpone the league until such a time that they honour their outstanding league match with Ashantigold.

In a letter to the FA, which was signed by Emmanuel Newton Dasoberi, Admin and operations manager the club argued that communications concerning the cancellation of their game with Ashantigold at Obuasi last Thursday came at a time they had already travelled to the town and checked into a hotel.

“Postpone all league matches until the outstanding match day 29 fixture between Ashantigold and Asante Kotoko is played in order to protect the sporting integrity of our dear league, reimburse Asante Kotoko for the cost incurred while in Obuasi through no fault of ours”, the letter said.

According to the club, they had arrived at Obuasi a day before the game and checked into their hotels only to be informed later in the evening about the cancelation of the game which the club said they were disappointed by the manner in which the FA handled the situation.

“A postponement of matches at this stage of the league, in our view, especially for the reasons adduced by the GFA is unfortunate as measures could have been put in place to protect the teams and ultimately protect the integrity of the game”, his letter said.

Source: graphiconline.com

 

 

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed here are those of the writers and do not reflect those of Peacefmonline.com. Peacefmonline.com accepts no responsibility legal or otherwise for their accuracy of content. Please report any inappropriate content to us, and we will evaluate it as a matter of priority.

Featured Video



Source link

Continue Reading

Sports

Mbappe Snubs Real Madrid | Football/Soccer

Published

on


The 23-year-old will remain at the French giants after agreeing to extend his contract.

Kylian Mbappe has decided to renew his contract with Paris Saint-Germain, GOAL can confirm, with the 23-year-old set to sign a three-year renewal.

The forward’s current deal expires at the end of the season and Real Madrid made an offer to sign him this summer.

However, he has decided to continue at PSG for the time being and will pen a new contract.

What do we know about Mbappe’s future

The striker’s contract extension is expected to be announced in the wake of PSG’s final Ligue 1 game of the season against Metz on Saturday evening.

Mbappe’s mother, Fayza Al-Amari, revealed this week that there would be no further negotiations as the France international had deals in place with both PSG and Real Madrid.

Al-Amari said that there were no major differences between the contracts and that it would be up to the player to decide which club he would prefer to play for next season.

How has Mbappe performed this season?

Mbappe has had another excellent season for PSG.

He is the Ligue 1 top scorer with 25 goals and tops the division’s assist chart with 17.

In all competitions, he has scored 36 goals in 45 matches.

Despite his fine individual performances, the campaign has been underwhelming for the French giants.

They wrapped up the Ligue 1 title, but it is their only piece of silverware this season as they were knocked out of the Champions League at the last-16 stage by Real Madrid and missed out on the Coupe de France.

Source: Goal

 

 

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed here are those of the writers and do not reflect those of Peacefmonline.com. Peacefmonline.com accepts no responsibility legal or otherwise for their accuracy of content. Please report any inappropriate content to us, and we will evaluate it as a matter of priority.

Featured Video



Source link

Continue Reading

Sports

De Bruyne Beats Salah To Win Premier League Player of the Season | Football/Soccer

Published

on


After winning the prize two years ago, the Manchester City star has joined a rare group of players in doing it twice.

Kevin De Bruyne has beaten Liverpool star Mohamed Salah to be named the Premier League Player of the Season for the second time in his career after a superb 2021-22 campaign.

The Manchester City playmaker saw off the Liverpool attacker – who won the corresponding prize from the Football Writers’ Association earlier this month – to join a rare group of players to win the honour twice.

The Belgium international was previously handed the gong in 2019-20 and admitted that it was an honour to claim it once more.

What has De Bruyne said about winning the award?

“To win this award for a second time is an achievement that I am really proud of,” the midfielder told the club’s official website.

“There is so much quality in the Premier League and it is a pleasure to be nominated with so many other great players who have had incredible seasons for their clubs.

“I think my performances this season have been good and I am happy that I have been able to contribute with goals and assists throughout the season. Thank you to all of the staff, coaches and especially my teammates because without them this wouldn’t be possible.”

Who has De Bruyne beat to win the award?

In addition to Salah, the Belgian saw off competition from team-mate Joao Cancelo, Liverpool wing-back Trent Alexander-Arnold, West Ham’s Jarrod Bowen, Arsenal’s Bukayo Saka, Tottenham’s Son Heung-min and Southampton’s James Ward-Prowse to win the prize.

Curiously, while De Bruyne becomes the first player since Manchester United’s Nemanja Vidic to win the award for a second time, it also marks the second time he has failed to nab the corresponding FWA prize, having been beaten to it in 2019-20 by Liverpool’s Jordan Henderson.

Only last year, when Ruben Dias claimed both awards, have the winners matched up in the past four seasons, with the previous six occasions spawning a double winner on each occasion.

Source: Goal

 

 

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed here are those of the writers and do not reflect those of Peacefmonline.com. Peacefmonline.com accepts no responsibility legal or otherwise for their accuracy of content. Please report any inappropriate content to us, and we will evaluate it as a matter of priority.

Featured Video



Source link

Continue Reading

Trending