Connect with us

Entertainment

Police officers who entered motorist’s car through window faces disciplinary action

Published

on



On Wednesday, March 30, the officer in blue uniform who was manning the GPO roundabout along Kenyatta Avenue was seen in a heated exchange with a motorist driving a saloon car in the Nairobi Central Business District (CBD).

Footage of the scene, which was filmed by a Citizen TV crew, shows the police officer removing his cap and shoving his left foot through the co-driver’s window, gaining entry to the vehicle.

According to Tuko.co.ke, after entering the vehicle, the officer drove it towards the Central Police Station while the driver fled on foot, the news website reports.

The video went viral and sparked widespread condemnation, with some Kenyans calling for the head of the officer in question.

Then, the National Police Service said in a statement that it had identified the said officer and he was undergoing disciplinary action.

“The National Police Service has taken note of an incident which has been trending on social media, whereby a police officer on traffic duties was captured forcing himself into a private vehicle.

“The said officer has been positively identified and is undergoing disciplinary action,” the National Police Service said.

It went further to urge police officers to conduct themselves according to the ethical standards of their profession.

“We reiterate that it is imperative for individual police officers to discharge their mandate professionally, diligently and with high levels of discipline.”

Meanwhile, in June last year, police officers who arrested a young man on the very day he turned 18 years organised a birthday party for him, saying “we can’t pass up a date like this”.

Although the young man could not celebrate his big day in freedom, police officers were satirically magnanimous enough to organise some for him while he was in custody.

The Brazilian young man was arrested for theft right on the day he was supposed to be celebrating his birthday.

According to Odditycentral.com, Paulo Rodrigo das Neves, from Brazil’s Rio Grande do Norte region, was arrested after being caught on camera stealing sound equipment and other parts from people’s cars.

At the unsolicited birthday party organised for him by the police, which was filmed and shared online, the officers are heard singing to him “Happy Birthday” while serving cake and soda in his honor.

The officer who was filming the hilarious and humiliating event is heard saying, “we can’t pass up a date like this”.

Two other officers at the 5th Civil Police Precinct of Macau helped set the table for the birthday boy, Paulo, who looked moody because of the mockery he was being subjected to.

Amidst a satirical ‘happy birthday song’ the police officers poured Coca-Cola and made Paulo himself cut a cake they bought for him, then served the second slice to his mother, who was present.

The video of the embarrassing moment attracted a lot of reactions after it went viral on social media.

Meanwhile, Brazil’s Military Police issued a statement later, saying it would conduct an investigation and adding that all police officers who participated in the mocking birthday party would face disciplinary action.



Source link

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Entertainment

Ghanaians ‘cry’ on social media over Sir John’s leaked will

Published

on



Most of them have expressed their displeasure to the willing of some portions of the Achimota Forest and the Ramsar Site at Sakumono to members of Sir John’s family.

Page 4 of the will, Kwadwo Owusu Afriyie, whose office was situated at the Achimota Forest until his death, stated that “I give my land situated at the Achimota Forest in the name of Jakaypro Limited and measuring 5.541 acres to the following persons forever.



Source link

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Achimota Forest brouhaha: Land Ministry to investigate Sir John’s ‘will’

Published

on


It said the ministry took “a very serious view of the allegations.”

“The attention of the Ministry of Lands and Natural Resources has been drawn to a document making the rounds on social media, which alleges that the late former Chief Executive Officer of the Forestry Commission, Kwadwo Owusu Afriyie, had included portions of the Achimota Forest in his Will, and given out same to individuals who are said to be related to him.

“The Ministry takes a very serious view of the allegations and has requested all documents relating to the lands in question, as part of an initial inquiry to ascertain the veracity of the claims. Considering that the issues that form the basis of the allegations predate the tenure of the current Minister, Hon. Samuel A. Jinapor, MP, it is important that he is seized with the full facts to enable him to take appropriate action, if, indeed, there is any merit in the claims,” it added.

The document lists some relatives of Sir John’s to be allocated some portions of the Achimota Forest.

It follows the coming into force of the Executive Instrument (E.I.) 144 gazetted on behalf of President Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo on April 19, 2022.

This means effective May 1, 2022, those portions, [361 acres] sections of which had been developed and had already been granted to the Owoo family in September 2013 are no longer a forest reserve.

Point f. of the will of Sir John stated “I give my portion of land that I jointly own at the Achimota Forest in the name of DML Limited to Elizabeth Asare Boateng who at the time of making this will is domiciled in the USA forever.”

“I give my land also situate at Achimota Forest in the name of Fasoh Limited and measuring 0.987 acres to my nephews Michael Owusu, Yaw Boadu, and Kwabena Amoateng, forever.

“I jointly own a piece of land at Achimota Forest with Charles Owusu, upon my demise, my portion of the said land should be given to Ruth Korkor Odonkor.

“I give my portion of the land that I jointly own at the Achimota Forest in the name of DML Limited to Elizabeth Asare Boateng who at the time of making this Will is domiciled in the USA, forever.”



Source link

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Give specific date for our reassignment – Former toll collectors to government

Published

on



Their apprehensions follow claims by their employer, Route Management Limited, that reassignment options had been given to the government, a citinewsroom.com report says.

According to the news website, the secretary of the Ghana Toll Booth Workers, Edward Duncan, said they have no hope of being reassigned any time soon, as they were promised, because they don’t trust the government anymore.

“This is not the first time that they’ve said something like this. This started when the budget was read. We expected that the reassignment will come with the approval of the budget, but if since January there’s not been any reassurance, it doesn’t give us hope that what they are saying will be done. There is no timetable, so it means we should just wait. We want the government to be specific and tell us when we’ll be reassigned because it looks like the whole closure of toll booths was not properly planned,” Duncan said, as quoted by the news outlet.

It would be recalled that a few days ago, some former toll collectors stormed the Roads and Highways Ministry to demand that they be reassigned.

However, it appears that their demands can not be met immediately. Deputy Public Relations Officer of the Ministry, Isaac Adjei Kwakye is reported to have said that the reassignment would happen in due course.

“We will reassign them through the company [that employed them]. As and when the processes are completed, they will be reassigned. It is not as if we have abandoned them. As soon as possible, they will be reassigned. This reassignment is a process and not an event. When it is done, we will get them reassigned through the company, and they will be called,” Kwakye said.



Source link

Continue Reading

Trending