Connect with us

Sports

Ghana Open To Mohammed Salisu Union Ahead of World Cup on Condition | Football/Soccer

Published

on


The Southampton defender may join the Black Stars for Qatar 2022 depending on conditions.

Ghana are refusing to shut the door on Mohammed Salisu ahead of the 2022 World Cup despite the Southampton defender’s hesitance to avail himself for national duty.

The Southampton defender may join the Black Stars for Qatar 2022 depending on conditions.

Salisu has been a long target of the West Africans but his consistent rejection of call-ups has left him without an international cap despite playing top-level football since 2018.

“It [whether Salisu will be called for the World Cup] depends on the coach,” Ghana Football Association communications director Henry Asante Twum told Citi TV.

“We’ve made overtures, about four or five times. CK Akonnor tried, he wasn’t successful, Milovan tried and he wasn’t successful.

“[Current Ghana caretaker boss Otto Addo] tried and he [Salisu] still thinks he needs time.

“I think we have gotten to a point where we feel we should rather focus on players who are willing and ready to play [for us] than players who are dragging their feet.”

Salisu was handed a first Ghana call-up for a 2021 Africa Cup of Nations qualifier against South Africa but turned down the 2019 invitation from then Black Stars coach James Kwasi Appiah.

CK Akonnor, who replaced Appiah as Ghana coach in 2020, continued the quest to secure the defender’s availability for international assignments but failed, revealing Salisu made it clear he was “not ready” to represent the national team.

Former Ghana coach Milovan Rajevac, who led Ghana to the recent Africa Cup of Nations tournament in Cameroon, made similar comments when asked of the 22-year-old’s absence from the Black Stars.

Ahead of Ghana’s clash with Nigeria, Black Stars Management Committee member Alhaji Karim Grunsah revealed the defender was once again contacted but rejected the call.

Salisu has been in outstanding form for Southampton in the Premier League this season, making 27 appearances involving 26 starts so far.

He joined The Saints in 2020 after impressing for Real Valladolid in La Liga, having reportedly turned down offers from the likes of Manchester United and Real Madrid.

Source: Goal

 

 

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed here are those of the writers and do not reflect those of Peacefmonline.com. Peacefmonline.com accepts no responsibility legal or otherwise for their accuracy of content. Please report any inappropriate content to us, and we will evaluate it as a matter of priority.

Featured Video



Source link

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Sports

‘Mbappe Has Agreements With Both PSG & Real Madrid’ – Mother Discloses | Football/Soccer

Published

on


The World Cup-winning forward will be making a big call on his future when the 2021-22 campaign comes to a close at Parc des Princes.

Kylian Mbappe’s mother has revealed that the striker has agreements with both Paris Saint-Germain and Real Madrid as he preparess to make a definitive call on where he will continue his career as of next season.

GOAL confirmed on May 17 that the World Cup-winning France international has agreed personal terms with La Liga heavyweights Madrid as he readies himself for a new challenge in Spain.

A few days prior to that, at the UNFP awards ceremony, the 23-year-old forward admitted that “my decision is made, yes, almost”.

What has Mbappe’s mother said about his future?

Fayza Al-Amari, the player’s mother and agent, says there is a chance he will remain at Parc des Princes.

It is up to the France star to decide which club he wants to join, as there are agreements in place with both PSG and Madrid.

“We will not have new meetings to discuss Mbappe’s future, these meetings are now over,” she told Kora Plus.

“Now we have found an agreement with both Real Madrid and PSG and the discussions are over because it is Kylian who has to choose now.

“The two offers are similar, there are no big differences, now we are waiting for Kylian’s choice.

“The Real Madrid offer in which we have complete control over image rights, and on the other hand, there is a financial compensation that compensates for this. The two offers do not differ greatly between them.”



Read Full Story ….
Goal >>>
:   

Source: Goal

 

 

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed here are those of the writers and do not reflect those of Peacefmonline.com. Peacefmonline.com accepts no responsibility legal or otherwise for their accuracy of content. Please report any inappropriate content to us, and we will evaluate it as a matter of priority.

Featured Video



Source link

Continue Reading

Sports

Kante Is Chelsea’s ‘Salah, Mbappe and Van Dijk’ – Tuchel | Football/Soccer

Published

on


The German was waxing lyrical once more about a star man after he cemented his return to action on Thursday.

N’Golo Kante is Chelsea’s “Mohamed Salah, Kylian Mbappe and Virgil van Dijk”, according to manager Thomas Tuchel, who says it would have been a “miracle” for the Blues to finish in the top four of the Premier League without the France star.

The defensive midfielder, often highlighted as a central figure within the German coach’s system at Stamford Bridge, has often been treated as something of a protected commodity, in part due to an unfortunate injury record.

Having returned from another knock with a cameo off the bench against Liverpool in Saturday’s FA Cup final loss, the World Cup winner started for Chelsea in Thursday’s 1-1 draw with Leicester – and his boss was quick to wax lyrical about his impact afterwards, even amid his fitness issues.

What has Tuchel said about Kante?

“I think he is our key, key, key player but key, key, key players need to be on the pitch,” Tuchel stated. “He plays only 40 per cent of the games then it is maybe a miracle that we arrive in third place.

“He is our Mo Salah, he is our Van Dijk, he is our De Bruyne. He is simply that player, he is our Neymar and Kylian Mbappe. He is that guy who makes the difference and if you only have him for 40 per cent, then it is a huge problem.

“Giving that percentage it is maybe a miracle that he produces results. It puts everything into perspective as I saw Liverpool without Van Dijk last season and they struggled heavily. You see the difference. N’Golo is our key player and we need him on the pitch.”

How many games has Kante played this season?

In the Premier League, Kante has made 25 appearances out of a possible 37 matches, but has seen the chance to build consistent momentum blighted by his injury record.

He has still played more than he did throughout the 2019-20 campaign, when he was limited to 22 top-flight games – though he has actually played less minutes this term overall.

It is little surprise that last year, when he featured in 30 games in the Premier League, and all 13 continental games, Chelsea went on to win the Champions League.

Source: Goal

 

 

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed here are those of the writers and do not reflect those of Peacefmonline.com. Peacefmonline.com accepts no responsibility legal or otherwise for their accuracy of content. Please report any inappropriate content to us, and we will evaluate it as a matter of priority.

Featured Video



Source link

Continue Reading

Sports

The Real Reason I’m Leaving Chelsea: Antonio Rudiger Speaks Out On ‘Months’ of Stalled Talks | Football/Soccer

Published

on


It was March, explains Antonio Rudiger, when he finally decided this season would be his last at Chelsea.

Having started it with no desire to leave, ‘definitely not’, he was surprised when unresolved talks over an improved deal stalled for five months and ‘crazy rumours’ about his future were able to circulate.

‘I was thinking “wow” but I kept quiet,’ says Rudiger. He promised head coach Thomas Tuchel and director Marina Granovskaia not to let ‘this type of stuff’ distract from his football in the final year of his contract and was determined to be professional.

Then Russia’s invasion of Ukraine led to sanctions on Roman Abramovich and no contracts could be signed until Chelsea completed the takeover process now grinding to a close.



Read Full Story ….
Dailymail.co.uk >>>
:   

Source: Dailymail.co.uk

 

 

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed here are those of the writers and do not reflect those of Peacefmonline.com. Peacefmonline.com accepts no responsibility legal or otherwise for their accuracy of content. Please report any inappropriate content to us, and we will evaluate it as a matter of priority.

Featured Video



Source link

Continue Reading

Trending