Connect with us

Sports

Merseyside Police Investigate Ronaldo Phone Incident In United Loss | Football/Soccer

Published

on


Merseyside police said on Sunday they were reviewing CCTV footage to establish if Manchester United’s Cristiano Ronaldo committed an offence by knocking a mobile phone out of a supporter’s hand after his team’s 1-0 defeat at Everton.

Footage emerged on social media of Ronaldo appearing to swipe his hand towards the ground as he walked off the pitch and headed for the tunnel at Goodison Park after Saturday’s match.

Eyewitnesses said the 37-year-old had knocked a fan’s phone out of their hand and smashed it to the ground and Ronaldo later took to Instagram to apologise for the incident. 

A spokesperson for Merseyside Police said the force was liaising with both clubs after reports of an alleged assault.

“As players were leaving the pitch at 2.30pm, it was reported that a boy was assaulted by one of the away team as they left the pitch,” the spokesperson said.

“Inquiries are under way and officers are currently working with Everton Football Club to review CCTV footage and are carrying out extensive witness enquiries to establish if an offence has taken place.”

The defeat left United seventh in the Premier League standings and they face the prospect of missing out on qualification for next season’s Champions League as they are six points adrift of fourth-placed Tottenham Hotspur.

Source: REUTERS

 

 

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed here are those of the writers and do not reflect those of Peacefmonline.com. Peacefmonline.com accepts no responsibility legal or otherwise for their accuracy of content. Please report any inappropriate content to us, and we will evaluate it as a matter of priority.

Featured Video



Source link

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Sports

PSG Are Leading ‘Bayern Munich In The Race To Sign Sadio Mane Should He Leave Liverpool This Summer’ | Football/Soccer

Published

on


Paris Saint-Germain are reportedly leading Bayern Munich in the race to sign Sadio Mane, should the winger decide to leave Liverpool this summer.

The Senegalese forward is entering the final year of his contract at Anfield and has been linked with the exit.

It was revealed earlier this month that Bayern had emerged as a shock contender to sign the 30-year-old this summer after the player’s agent reportedly held talks with the German club’s sporting director Hasan Salihamidzic over a potential summer move.

However, according to German news outlet SportBild, it is PSG that are now frontrunners to land Mane after offering him a big-money contract to join them at the end of the season.

PSG are set to lose talisman Kylian Mbappe to Real Madrid this summer and will be looking to fill the void left by the Frenchman.

The report from SportBild also claims that PSG’s offer and strong interest in signing him is the reason why Mane is stalling over signing a new Liverpool deal, which is currently believed to be worth around £200,000-a-week.



Read Full Story ….
Dailymail.co.uk >>>
:   

Source: Dailymail.co.uk

 

 

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed here are those of the writers and do not reflect those of Peacefmonline.com. Peacefmonline.com accepts no responsibility legal or otherwise for their accuracy of content. Please report any inappropriate content to us, and we will evaluate it as a matter of priority.

Featured Video



Source link

Continue Reading

Sports

PSG Offer Mbappe COMPLETE Control of Their Sporting Operations – ‘Including Hiring And Firing Both Managers And Team-mates’ | Football/Soccer

Published

on


Paris Saint-Germain have reportedly made a desperate attempt to keep Kylian Mbappe at the Parc des Princes by sensationally offering him control of sporting operations.

The 23-year-old’s PSG contract expires at the end of the season and is now on the verge of joining Real Madrid for nothing.

But despite there being just six weeks until he becomes a free agent, the Ligue 1 giants have made the Frenchman a staggering offer in a bid to persuade him from leaving.

According to El Chiringuito TV, PSG have offered to make Mbappe ‘the owner of the project’ from next season, where they will allow him a say in changing the manager and who his team-mates are going forward.

This offer would be on top of their reported offer of making him the highest paid player in football, with Sky Sports claiming that the French champions would be willing to give him an eye-watering deal of £4million a month – double his previous salary.

Sky Sports also claimed that Mbappe would receive a huge signing-on bonus of up to £100m if he re-signed with PSG, including concessions over image rights and any bonuses for on-pitch matters.

PSG president Nasser Al-Khelaifi reported decision to give Mbappe control of sporting operations would allow him to have his say on Mauricio Pochettino’s future, who has been linked with the exit after their Champions League exit to Real Madrid in the last-16.



Read Full Story ….
Dailymail.co.uk >>>
:   

Source: Dailymail.co.uk

 

 

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed here are those of the writers and do not reflect those of Peacefmonline.com. Peacefmonline.com accepts no responsibility legal or otherwise for their accuracy of content. Please report any inappropriate content to us, and we will evaluate it as a matter of priority.

Featured Video



Source link

Continue Reading

Sports

Cheikhou Kouyate & Ismaila Sarr Spark Fury At Their Clubs By Backing Idrissa Gueye For ‘Refusing To Play In LGBTQ Rainbow Colours’ | Football/Soccer

Published

on


Cheikhou Kouyate and Ismaila Sarr have sparked fury at their clubs Crystal Palace and Watford after appearing to back Senegal team-mate Idrissa Gueye for allegedly refusing to wear rainbow colours for PSG. 

Gueye, who is a devout muslim, came under fire after he failed to feature in PSG’s 4-0 win over Montpellier, where players wore special shirts in an expression of solidarity to mark the upcoming International Day Against Homophobia, Biphobia and Transphobia, on Tuesday May 17. 

His manager Mauricio Pochettino confirmed his absence was due to ‘personal reasons’ and not because of an injury, with French outlet RMC Sport reporting that he did not want to represent PSG in the rainbow colours.

And former Everton star Gueye has now seemingly been backed by Kouyate and Sarr, who both play with the midfielder for the Senegal national team. 

Sarr posted a picture of himself standing next to Gueye on Instagram, with a fist emoji, three heart emojis and the words: ‘100 per cent’. 

And Gueye’s fellow midfielder Kouyate also uploaded a photo of himself with the 32-year-old on the social media platform, calling him ‘a real man’, and adding ‘we wholeheartedly support you brother’.



Read Full Story ….
Dailymail.co.uk >>>
:   

Source: Dailymail.co.uk

 

 

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed here are those of the writers and do not reflect those of Peacefmonline.com. Peacefmonline.com accepts no responsibility legal or otherwise for their accuracy of content. Please report any inappropriate content to us, and we will evaluate it as a matter of priority.

Featured Video



Source link

Continue Reading

Trending