Connect with us

Sports

Ronaldo Announces Passing of Baby Boy | Football/Soccer

Published

on


The striker confirmed the news in a message to fans on Monday, alongside partner Georgina Rodriguez.

Cristano Ronaldo has asked for privacy after the Manchester United forward announced the death of his newborn son.

The Portuguese striker confirmed the news in a message on social media on Monday, while also revealing the birth of a baby girl with partner Georgina Rodriguez, with the pair previously stating that they had been expecting twins.

Ronaldo is a father to four other children, sons Cristiano Jr and Mateo, and daughters Eva and Alana.

Ronaldo’s statement in full

“It is with our deepest sadness we have to announce that our baby boy has passed away,” Ronaldo and Rodriguez wrote. “It is the greatest pain that any parents can feel.

“Only the birth of our baby girl gives us the strength to live this moment with some hope and happiness. We would like to thank the doctors and nurses for all their expert care and support.

“We are all devastated at this loss and we kindly ask for privacy at this very difficult time. Our baby boy, you are our angel. We will always love you.”

Source: Goal

 

 

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed here are those of the writers and do not reflect those of Peacefmonline.com. Peacefmonline.com accepts no responsibility legal or otherwise for their accuracy of content. Please report any inappropriate content to us, and we will evaluate it as a matter of priority.

Featured Video



Source link

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Sports

CAF Maintains Decision To Host Champions League Final In Morocco | Football/Soccer

Published

on


The Confederation of African Football upheld its decision to hold the final match of its 2022 Champions League in Morocco.

The CAF response came amid a series of objections from the Egyptian Football Federation and the Ahly football club.

The objections emerged after the CAF announced its decision to hold the final in Morocco despite one Moroccan team being in the running to make it to that final.

While Al Ahly football club called on the continental football association to play the match in a ”neutral” country, CAF  said that it took notes of the complaint, stressing the need to stick to its commitment to holding the final in accordance with a decision taken by the previous board of directors in 2019.

CAF added that its rules fit within FIFA’s principles which do not allow changing the competition system.

CAF clarified that Morocco and Senegal met the criteria for hosting the final, whereas Egypt did not submit a bid to host the match.

Following Senegal’s withdrawal, CAF decided to choose Morocco to host the match.

Earlier this week, Al Ahly announced a decision to present an appeal to the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) against the CAF decision.

In a statement, Al Ahly said it hopes that the CAF will be ”keen not to disrupt justice and they will provide CAS with all the required documents that will help in achieving justice.”

Morocco is set to host the final for the second year in a row.

Source: Ghanasoccernet.com

 

 

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed here are those of the writers and do not reflect those of Peacefmonline.com. Peacefmonline.com accepts no responsibility legal or otherwise for their accuracy of content. Please report any inappropriate content to us, and we will evaluate it as a matter of priority.

Featured Video



Source link

Continue Reading

Sports

Ghanaian Goalkeeper Fatau Dauda Claims Match-Fixing Forced Him To Leave Nigeria | Football/Soccer

Published

on


Ghanaian goalkeeper Fatau Dauda claims that match-fixing is a common occurrence in the Nigeria Professional Football League and that it is the primary reason he left the country.

Dauda joined Nigerian giants Enyimba in 2016 but left after three years.

During his time in Nigeria, the former Black Stars goalkeeper observed that some of his teammates were happy to lose games because they had wagered against the team.

“There’s one particular reason why I finally decided to leave Enyimba FC. It’s all because of betting. Betting can completely destroy football. You know Nigeria is a big country. Sometimes, we can be on the road for two days travelling for an away game.”

“We will go and lose a game but when we come on the bus, you’ll see some players happy. You’ll see some players pressing their phones, and checking score lines of other league games. I later got to find out from one of our guys that some of the players in the team were betting on our matches.

“They were fixing the games. It was shocking. It was the reason I decided to leave because I can’t be part of this and it was a waste of time playing in games when some people have already planned the outcome,” Dauda told Angel TV.

Dauda was reacting to allegations of match-fixing in the Ghana Premier League. The Ghana Football Association has issued a strong warning, claiming that anyone found guilty will face severe punishment.

Dauda is currently without a club following his split from Legon Cities. Earlier this year, he was on the verge of joining Asante Kotoko.

Source: Ghanasoccernet.com

 

 

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed here are those of the writers and do not reflect those of Peacefmonline.com. Peacefmonline.com accepts no responsibility legal or otherwise for their accuracy of content. Please report any inappropriate content to us, and we will evaluate it as a matter of priority.

Featured Video



Source link

Continue Reading

Sports

2022 World Cup: Ghana FA President Confirms Imminent Appointment Of Otto Addo, Others | Football/Soccer

Published

on


Ghana FA president Kurt Okraku has finally confirmed efforts by the football body and other relevant stakeholders to secure the services of interim Black Stars coach Otto Addo and his backroom staff on a long-term basis ahead of the FIFA World Cup later this year.

Otto Addo has received admiration of all relevant stakeholders after successfully masterminding Ghana’s return to the World Cup at the expense of sworn rivals Nigeria in March this year.

Otto Addo, a former Ghana player himself took over the job from Milovan Rajevac on an interim basis after getting approval from the German side Dortmund where he is head of talents.

Now, with qualification secured the FA is happy to extend the contract of Otto Addo and his backroom staff made of the likes of Mas Ud Didi Dramani, George Boateng and Richard Kingston.

The FA president while rubbishing news that the FA wants to engage another person for the job said the long-term appointment of Otto Addo and his technical team is near.

On his Facebook page, he wrote, “Rumour mongering is becoming the order of the day in football…Just to be clear, I do not have a scheduled meeting with Chris Hughton. The FA, having assessed the work of the technical team of the Black Stars, and having engaged all relevant stakeholders, is working to keep Otto, Didi, George and Chris in their respective roles for all immediate assignments.

Official announcement expected shortly. Other need areas of the technical team that the Coach has identified is being addressed.”

Ghana will play Portugal, Uruguay and South Korea in the group stages of the 2022 World Cup.

Source: The Finder

 

 

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed here are those of the writers and do not reflect those of Peacefmonline.com. Peacefmonline.com accepts no responsibility legal or otherwise for their accuracy of content. Please report any inappropriate content to us, and we will evaluate it as a matter of priority.

Featured Video



Source link

Continue Reading

Trending