Connect with us

Sports

Man Utd May Need Ten New Signings After Embarrassing Liverpool Defeat – Rangnick | Football/Soccer

Published

on


The German boss reflected on an embarrassing evening at Anfield on Tuesday that saw his side ship four goals.

Ralf Rangnick admitted that Manchester United were “humiliated” by rivals Liverpool once again as the manager conceded the club needs to begin a rebuild with as many as ten new signings.

Man Utd were battered by Liverpool on Tuesday night, following up a 5-0 loss to the Reds at Old Trafford earlier this season with a 4-0 defeat at Anfield.

With the loss, United have seen their top-four hopes continue to dim, with Rangnick acknowledging that his side have every reason to be embarrassed after another lesson from a top club.

What did Rangnick say?

“It is embarrassing, it is disappointing, maybe even humiliating,” Rangnick told BBC Match of the Day. “We have to accept they are six years ahead of us now. When Jurgen Klopp came, they changed at the club and lifted not just the team, but the club and city to a new level.

“That is what needs to happen with us in the next transfer windows.”

Asked what United need to start closing the gap on Liverpool in his post-match press conference, Rangnick replied: “If you analyse the situation it is not difficult… for me, it is clear there will be six, seven, eight, maybe 10 new players. And before you sign those players, you need to be aware how you want to play.”



Read Full Story ….
Goal >>>
:   

Source: Goal

 

 

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed here are those of the writers and do not reflect those of Peacefmonline.com. Peacefmonline.com accepts no responsibility legal or otherwise for their accuracy of content. Please report any inappropriate content to us, and we will evaluate it as a matter of priority.

Featured Video



Source link

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Sports

2022 World Cup: Ghana FA President Confirms Imminent Appointment Of Otto Addo, Others | Football/Soccer

Published

on


Ghana FA president Kurt Okraku has finally confirmed efforts by the football body and other relevant stakeholders to secure the services of interim Black Stars coach Otto Addo and his backroom staff on a long-term basis ahead of the FIFA World Cup later this year.

Otto Addo has received admiration of all relevant stakeholders after successfully masterminding Ghana’s return to the World Cup at the expense of sworn rivals Nigeria in March this year.

Otto Addo, a former Ghana player himself took over the job from Milovan Rajevac on an interim basis after getting approval from the German side Dortmund where he is head of talents.

Now, with qualification secured the FA is happy to extend the contract of Otto Addo and his backroom staff made of the likes of Mas Ud Didi Dramani, George Boateng and Richard Kingston.

The FA president while rubbishing news that the FA wants to engage another person for the job said the long-term appointment of Otto Addo and his technical team is near.

On his Facebook page, he wrote, “Rumour mongering is becoming the order of the day in football…Just to be clear, I do not have a scheduled meeting with Chris Hughton. The FA, having assessed the work of the technical team of the Black Stars, and having engaged all relevant stakeholders, is working to keep Otto, Didi, George and Chris in their respective roles for all immediate assignments.

Official announcement expected shortly. Other need areas of the technical team that the Coach has identified is being addressed.”

Ghana will play Portugal, Uruguay and South Korea in the group stages of the 2022 World Cup.

Source: The Finder

 

 

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed here are those of the writers and do not reflect those of Peacefmonline.com. Peacefmonline.com accepts no responsibility legal or otherwise for their accuracy of content. Please report any inappropriate content to us, and we will evaluate it as a matter of priority.

Featured Video



Source link

Continue Reading

Sports

Portugal Blocks Mansion Sale Over ‘Strong Conviction’ It Belongs To Abramovich | General Sports

Published

on


Portugal blocked the sale of a 10 million euro ($10.4 million) luxury house over a “strong conviction” it belonged to sanctions-hit Russian billionaire Roman Abramovich, Foreign Minister Joao Cravinho said on Saturday.

The property registry of the mansion in the luxury Quinta do Lago resort in the Algarve was frozen – meaning it cannot be sold, rented or mortgaged – on March 25 at the request of the foreign ministry, a month after Russia’s full invasion of Ukraine.

“We have a strong conviction, which hasn’t been fully confirmed, the house belongs to Roman Abramovich,” Cravinho said on the sidelines of a NATO meeting in Berlin. “The challenge here is that many of those sanctioned do not have their properties and assets in their names.”

According to Publico newspaper, which initially reported the story, the former Chelsea soccer club owner tried to sell the property 15 days before Russia’s invasion of Ukraine started through the Delaware-based Millhouse Views LLC, owned by Millhouse LLC, which manages his assets.

However, a spokesperson for Abramovich told Reuters he did not own “any property in Portugal” and “Millhouse Views LLC is not connected” to him.

“In fact we have never heard of this company,” the spokesperson added.

Portugal’s largest bank, Caixa Geral de Depositos, noticed the move to sell the property and alerted authorities, Publico said. The bank declined to comment.

According to Publico, the property is in plot 17 of Quinta do Lago’s San Lorenzo North area. A Reuters witness said there was a signboard outside the gated mansion saying it had been sold.

Abramovich has been sanctioned by the British government and the European Union over his links to Russian President Vladimir Putin. He has denied having such ties.

The billionaire was granted Portuguese citizenship in April 2021 based on a law offering naturalisation to descendants of Sephardic Jews who were expelled from the Iberian peninsula during the Mediaeval Inquisition. read more

There is little known history of Sephardic Jews in Russia.

The case sent shockwaves across Portugal, leading public prosecutors to launch an investigation and to the detention of a rabbi responsible for the certification that allowed Abramovich to obtain citizenship.

Source: REUTERS

 

 

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed here are those of the writers and do not reflect those of Peacefmonline.com. Peacefmonline.com accepts no responsibility legal or otherwise for their accuracy of content. Please report any inappropriate content to us, and we will evaluate it as a matter of priority.

Featured Video



Source link

Continue Reading

Sports

Hearts Of Oak To Establish Women’s Football Team Next Season – Board Member Reveals | Football/Soccer

Published

on


Hearts of Oak Board member Vincent Odotei Sowah has disclosed that plans are underway to form a women’s team next season.

This forms part of the Ghana Football Association Club Licensing requirements for all Premier League clubs in the country.

According to the former Member of Parliament for Dadekotopon Constituency, the Board is currently considering the name for the woman’s team.

“Hearts of Oak will have its own female team next season. Currently, we have three names that the board is considering choosing and it will soon be made public – Vincent Odotei Sowah told Oyerepa FM.

Hearts of Oak recently commissioned a new commercial center here in the capital.

The majority shareholder of the club Togbe Afede XIV has also cut sod for the construction of a new ultra-modern office for the club.

Source: Ghanasoccernet.com

 

 

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed here are those of the writers and do not reflect those of Peacefmonline.com. Peacefmonline.com accepts no responsibility legal or otherwise for their accuracy of content. Please report any inappropriate content to us, and we will evaluate it as a matter of priority.

Featured Video



Source link

Continue Reading

Trending